Friendship Knot Quilt - We have an update already!

We started on the Friendship Knot quilt this week. It is not coming across so friendly at this point, but I believe it will be fine once we work out the pattern kinks. Today we reached an impasse with cutting the curved blocks.

Quilters should be hesitant to purchase new gadgets because they are not always as helpful as they seem. I am hoping that my oval ruler will be useful in marking and cutting. I purchased this ruler a couple of years ago for another project which I have not completed yet. I might need a class just to understand how it works!

In the meantime, I am going to use an old school solution. Cardboard! Templates from sturdy cardboard will work just fine and at least I can get going with cutting the squares. 


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I have made 3 test blocks and finally I'm satisfied with the 3rd one. So I made my template. I'm ready to make the first 2 squares.

      Delete
  2. Nice. I am moving ahead with cutting using the template that I made from the first test!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment